|Wearable muslin (left) and final draft (right). Slight changes make a big difference!|
I underlined the entire pair with dark brown rayon Bemberg, so they are super comfortable.
The back has only small darts and no pockets.
light-medium stretch wool from Britex. The fabric is nice and smooth, so I didn't bother lining them.
And here's the inside waistband, finished in rayon seam binding.
Phew, that was a lot of brown trouser! For my next class project (due tomorrow), I drafted and sewed a cross-front leotard our of lycra knit. I'm not sure I'll be posting images of that because despite fitting well, it's not the most lovely garment on my body (and looks a little wacky on a hanger)! Then, for the next two weeks, I'll be working on my final project: a full suit, drafted to my own measurements. I've made all the components at least once already for my classwork, but I'll be tweaking the patterns a bit for my own aesthetic. Very exciting!
Resewlution 2014, November garments #3 and 4.