|Pin-tuck blouse muslin (left) and revised version (right)
The main design feature are the radiating pin-tucks in the front and back. They give shaping and some interest to an otherwise simple top.
After this first version, I made some alterations to the pattern: neckline, sleeves (I wanted elastic gathers) and general fit. The second version is a big improvement (though not perfect, still!) and I just adore the result! Here's my happy face:
This fabric is double-gauze; the added thickness may explain why it still feels a little snug despite adding seam allowance and some width. But it's very comfortable and seriously cute.
The neckline is really curved and lays so nicely.
While the first version had fish eye darts in the back, I left them out after an initial fitting. After looking at this photo, maybe I should go ahead and sew them--they're still marked on the inside :)
It feels so nice to get this off the list! I can't wait to wear it with some cute red shorts.
I've got one more length of gauze fabric--in sheer silk. For that version, I may omit the front placket, and add a key hole in the back. Time to go back to the drafting table!
|My JCPenney catalog pose :)