Using this tutorial (but without the pocket bag part), I started off with just one, thinking that the only thing scarier than cutting a big hole in the back of perfectly wonderful handmade pants is cutting two that have to exactly match. The first turned out fine (some behind-the-scenes issues, but nothing visible), so after wearing the one-pocketed pants to pick up my son, I took them off and sewed the second. I have to say, I am super happy with the result!
Here's the before shot:
And with pockets! I added some faux buttons to go with the faux pockets:
Here's some closer shots of the welts. I used my fabric scrap to it's full potential!
My husband takes all the photos, and I turned the camera on him. He cracks me up (no pun intended!):
|I didn't make those shorts :)|