Britex, bought in the remnants department), perhaps a bit thick for this dress, but really lovely to sew and wear. Because of the weight of the fabric, I went with a simple pleat on the "sleeve" instead of gathering the fabric. And I love the result--seems a bit vintage-y and definitely suits the style of the dress.
For the inside, I used a super pale green bemberg lining and the sweetest navy and white polka dot stretch silk (Britex, also from the remnants department). If only everyone could see the inside band of this dress!
I'm not going to lie, I struggled with the lining hem. Ugh. But I used lace hem tape for the wool, something I've never used before (really!), and, folks, I hand sewed the hem. That is almost unheard-of for me, but I splurged and bought some silk thread and that made it feel a bit like less of a chore.
A new school year, and a new dress. Guess that's worth smiling about!