It's been two years since I made my last two bathing suits (here and here). I love them, but much like underwear, bathing suit sewing is addictive, so when I spotted this fabric, I had to make another.
For my first attempt, I found the Abigail swimsuit pattern by Ohhh Lulu. I'm a huge fan of their undergarment patterns, so I was excited to see a bathing suit available on their website.
McCalls 5036, which, if you can get your hands on it, you should buy. The construction is super clean and there are so many options!) Thankfully, I had enough fabric to make a 3rd suit, with addition of a bit of a black and white diamond print for the bodice.
Super full butt coverage and less visible back rolls! Hurray! This pattern has a center back seam, which was a pain to match up, pattern-wise. But, it's super functional fit-wise.
I just love the little cut out under the bodice (and, I saw the same feature on this suit at Anthro! Mine has better butt coverage, that's for sure!). I used a 1/2" clear swimsuit hook at the back neck instead of ties for a cleaner look.
We aren't discussing the pattern placement :)
My class isn't finished for another week, but then I step (or rather, fly) directly into vacation, so I'm ready for some beach action!
2015 Resewlution, June garment #1+2 (not counting a pair of pants and shorts I have yet to post)