here, here, and highly modified here). Working with a tested pattern is so nice...just sew and it fits. I narrowed the legs a bit, and as I've done in the past, added single-welt pockets to the back to break of the vast expanse of fabric in that area (necessary, in my opinion!).
There was a small amount of the gorgeous mermaid fabric left, so I used it again for the waistband facing and pocket bags. This cotton is so silky smooth that it's noticeably enjoyable to feel the texture when I put my hands in the pockets. Okay, that sounds weird. Anyhow...the bias tape came out again for the waistband and to neaten up the fly (plus, it made using a white zipper from my stash less jarring :)blogged here), which I wear infrequently due to lack of appropriate bottoms:
But I actually made another Scoop-neck top the same day I finished the pants, for a more casual capris-based outfit.
It's a nice basic tee, good for vacation. Or cleaning the house (which is what I was doing before snapping these photos). You know, whatever!
Happy summer, everyone! The kids will be getting some experience with the phenomenon called "rain". Poor CA boys!