A a few months ago, with concern for my kids' safety when they're milling around under my ironing board, I bought a sturdier version. My previous board's cover
didn't fit the new one, and after only a short while, the new ironing board was showing some serious signs of wear. But when I found this "Olfa Mat
" fabric at Hart's
last week, I finally had the impetus for change. Seriously. Brilliant.
|Not perfect, but close enough!|
The process was simple: remove old, stained cover, iron in half and use as a template. To create the casing around the edge, I made some 1/2" bias tape with my handy bias tape maker (and here you can see how bad the original cover really is!)
Love a fresh covering board and LOVE the practicality of this print!
That print is fabulous for an ironing board cover!ReplyDelete
It would be so awesome if I could get something like that over here and recover my sleeve board with it. Which looks about as bad as your old cover.
Genius! I want one!!ReplyDelete
I've never seen this before ~ how fun & what a brilliant idea!ReplyDelete
That is the perfect fabric for an ironing board cover! Love it!ReplyDelete
Looks great! I'd like to get a new ironing board and iron this year. Thanks for the inspiration!ReplyDelete